Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Grandpa got shot by a rock!


Well, I can't get a picture I took from the camera...something is wrong. I took a picture of Grandpa's belly.
Will just have to tell you about it! Seems everyone in town knows about it and was really concerned.
He has been waiting all month for this old McDonald house to be torn down....the day finally came. Mike's Tires bought it to enlarge his business. He even took this picture days before and had his camera to take pictures as it was coming down. A very large track hoe came in on a big trailer. Grandpa parked and I sat in the car to watch from the far south end of the old Maverick parking lot. There were a lot of people standing around the track hoe, as they were unloading it. The track threw a rock. All of a sudden I saw Grandpa headed back to the car. Holding his belly and blood pouring from his hands. He couldn't stop it~ I grabbed my face masks and some napkins and stuffed the wound and drove him to the hospital in Milford. They told me there, not to loose any time and get him to the Beaver hospital, but not to go so fast that I would wreck.......they gave him lots of thick gauze and told him not to let go of it as it was running like a rippling river.....he is on blood thinners, but they also thought the rock was still in it. It was about the size if a 22 bullet.....went right through his shirt and thank goodness into the fattest part of his belly. They exrayed, and stitched him up with 4 stitches, gave him 2 weeks of antibiotics. I wanted to post a picture of his belly as he seems to enjoy showing everyone his wound and everyone asks to see it! It is really quite gross, but very bruised and colorful! He is more concerned about not getting even one picture of the old house coming down! And so thankful that it didn't hit one of the little kids standing there. It could have killed them. It is the one time he is glad he had a fat roll on his tummy! It could have been worse.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Holy crow! That's so crazy. Poor Swede I hope he is ok. You should sue. Ha ha! Anywho tell Swede we love him and hope he feels better. Love you guys!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I think he's a hero for taking the bullet :) And just think, if they left the hole in his belly, he could eat twice as fast! Tell Grandpa we love him.