Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun!

Well, no pictures again this blog, but wanted to say we had a great 4th of July weekend. Went to the parade where I saw my brother Clint and his wife Karma and daughter, Melanie. After which Stacy, Eric and their children had arrived from Seattle. I took DeLana and Alex to the park for food and concessions! They had a ball. Later, we had fireworks Jeff and DeAnn, Rachel and Lance came and Nettie and Dustin and their boys! We all had fun or at least I sure did! the best fireworks were the display Dustin did after the community ones......I felt just like a kid again and the little ones were having such a good time! They were beautiful!
We had a nice dinner at DeAnn's on Saturday. Debbie and Craig came, Jeff and Stacy and their family. DeAnn, her girls and myself, made to much food as usual, but everyone really enjoyed it! The little ones were so cute! Lance really loved Grandpa Swede, and Grandpa loved every minute of it! Lance and Grandpa made up their on language to communicate, but don't believe either understood one another. They made us all laugh! Jaxon and Jase where little charmers as usual and all the kids were really good! and so much fun!
Sunday I went to church and taught my lesson....thought it was terrible, but I got phone calls when I got home, telling me it was good.....surprising when the spirit is in your classroom. I'm sure that is what made the lesson a good one. Melissa and Brian came to our house Sunday evening with DeAnn and we had a quick visit, but it was really special for them to come to see us. Little Neeley is a doll. Stacy and family were here to eat, chicken was barbecued and Kerstin made her delicious Cheesy Potatoes.
Well, it was a great weekend....sorry it had to end! We will probably go to DeAnn's today to visit Melissa and Neeley and Rachel and Lance too. Little ones are so fun!
Wish everyone lived closer and I was younger with more energy......It is so much fun to be with everyone and play with the kids!
Til next time....Love you all!

4 comments:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

It was a great weekend...thanks for planning the party and getting everyone together. We love you Grandma!

Melissa said...

We're so happy we got to see you! Sorry we had to leave so early today . . . it seems we are always on the go! Love you so much!!

LittleMissTicia(: said...

OKay Grannie-
My friend Is Burgandy! SHe is my BEST Friend! I will be waiting for pictures!

Crystal said...

So sad I missed it but glad that you guys had a great 4th! Love you Grandma.