Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Special Day!

Today was a really special day for me!....I have a hard time going to the hospital since our Lane left us. But, today I went there for Relief Society.....I gave the lesson, which was actually a little talk and a poem about the Season's of Life. It is important to keep it simple and upbeat to those precious little ladies.....who are so full of love and appreciation. Two of the little ladies had a blank response when greeted, but when we turned the page in the song book for them to sing, they perked right up! they love the music... I must try to go visit them often. I do know most of them. I remember how much our Lane loved company! A little lady (Jetta) whom I did her hair for 15 years is there. She was happy to see me and told me she would just love for me to come and remarked that maybe I would take her for a ride. She cried and told me she was just so homesick. These little people are so close to the otherside. They are so close to the veil and so spiritual! I love them!
Well, maybe next week my membership in the 3rd ward will be read...it hasn't happened yet, but I am beginning to fit in.
I really miss my little friend Gladys whom I sat with every Sunday in the first ward. I visited their Gospel Doctrine Class on Sunday after going to all my blocks. Was nice to see everyone!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I think we all forget how nice it is to visit those at the hospital. I bet you made their day Grandma & it's good for your spirit too. I'm glad you had a good day. Love ya!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Thanks for sharing. Also, as always, thanks for your good example. You are such a sweet, kind, and caring person, and I want to be more like you. It was great to see you on Sunday, even if it was just for a minute (I was in the nursery during the 1st hour). Take care!