Thursday, May 29, 2008

PLANTING FLOWERS

My aching back!!! I finally got out into my yard this afternoon to plant flowers.....got carried away and stayed out until 9:00 and it was pretty dark and grandpa had gone to bed already. I got the front gardens prepared and planted and my planters also. Now, if they just grow and bloom I will take a picture of them and post them on my blog. I decided to to mow the front lawn, so at least one side of the house will look better. I wondered if I would ever get that much done. It has been a cold late spring this year. Actually I think it is just here now.
My flowers are usually blooming and growing pretty big by now. If my allergies are ok tomorrow I will finish the rest. I didn't realize I bought so many plants.
Well, that's about all I have to say tonight, except I am glad the day is about over. It was just a year ago today that Selma passed away. I know Grandpa thought about it all day and felt bad. Time flies to fast.
Good night.
Love Ya!




3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'll bet your flowers are beautiful - they always are! Love you Grams!

Grandma 'D' said...

I didn't get the tiller. Decided to turn the dirt by hand. Got all my flowers planted too. I wish I had your green thumb, although I am getting better. It's watching you for all those years, it is finally sinking in. Can't wait to see your flowers. See you tomorrow. Love you Mommy!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Can't wait to see your flowers...they are always so beautiful. You'll have to help me next spring when I start planting at the new house :)