Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas!

For awhile I wondered if I would even get decorated for Christmas. I am posting a picture of a table I decorated just in case I didn't get a tree done. I had stuff in every little space waiting to decide where to put it. Even under the table.
Christmas was really nice...we got to see lots of our grandchildren and great-grand children. Christmas Eve Debbie and Craig came over to our house, Our daughter DeAnn, grandaughter, Crystal, Nick and little Kendra (from Colorado came to visit.....we just had snack foods this year and I made homemade candy. Time was very limited! Rachel and David and their little boys Lance and Luke came from Rexburg, Idaho. Kerstin and Jeff came over for awhile. Dustin and Lynette and boys, Jase and Jaxon came from Cedar to visit last night! The Holm family had a party and we, Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, were invited. We missed Russ Jr. and his cute little family. They left for Cedar before we got to see them. The weather was so terrible and road closed, so Brian, Melissa and their little girls couldn't get here for the party from over by Price. The little children really make Christmas, they are so adorable!
We got a new great-granddaughter a couple of days before Christmas! Jeff's daughter Dayna had a little baby girl....Jesse and Dayna now have 2 precious little girls. Dayna had to have her 2nd Cesarean and had to go back to the hospital with complications for 3 days. She is back home today and doing better. The baby is doing great! I will have to post a picture of her when I get one. She is really cute and I know her big sister, Jeslyn, is thrilled to have a baby sister!
We also, found out on the 22nd that Kerstin's baby is going to be a little girl. We are really excited...it should arrive on about May 13th. Our family is growing in leaps and bounds.
Well, now we will get back to the everyday life. Tomorrow will be my last day in my ward and I will go to the 3rd ward on the first Sun. of January.
I loved teaching Gospel Doctrine....I'm wondering if I will get another calling and what it will be?
We will get back to getting settled in our new home next week....we still have stuff to move. We did get all of our furniture on Christmas Eve morning. So we feel like we aren't just camped out now!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

We had a lot of fun visiting with you. Your new house is beautiful, & you got a Christmas tree up after all! :) We love you.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas, and I'm glad. Family makes it the best. And again, I'm going to miss you in our ward. I'm sure we'll still see you, though, and we MUST keep in touch through blogs. Take care and enjoy your new house. We need to come see it sometime!

Grandma 'D' said...

Lindsay is a doll. It was so good to see her. It is weird to see her so grown up. I hope she comes and stays for awhile. Love your blog Mama!!!