Saturday, November 15, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!







Other than I am a year older I had such a special Birthday! It began with a trip to the St. George Temple. My daughter, DeAnn and Grandaughter Lynette, took me there. This was the first time we have gone to the temple together as family and was my greatest desire for my 71st birthday. But it turned out to be so much more! Thanks to Grandpa Holm, he tended Lynette and Dustin's little guys all day until Dustin got home from work.
It was such a wonderful day at the temple! I just know it is the closest place to Heaven! The day was so warm, the grass so green and the flowers still in bloom. We went to the visitors center after the session. It is always so special, no matter how many times you might have visited it.
The day followed with a shopping spree to Tai-Pan.....and I do mean shopping! Love that store and it was the first time I had been there!
My sweet husband bought me new tires for my car and did a repair on it......I had so many nice phone calls and visits from my family and lovely gifts! Family is the best! and I love each and everyone of them so much! Presents are always great, but the gift of time and their love is more precious than anything else.
I'm posting pictures of our three generations...myself, DeAnn, and my granddaughter, Lynette.
We got home and all was well on our home fronts..... I played with Jase and Jaxon for a little while, basket ball, and applying tattoo's like Grandpa Swede's, on Jase, except they were of Pumpkins and Ghosts and they do wash off.
I am sure Grandpa Holm was pretty tired, as he had worked all the night before. He had taken the boys on a bike ride and he and Daddy Dustin, had taken them out to eat and play.
My hubby Swede, was already in bed when we arrived home....as always he left the lights burning for me when I got home, but was sound asleep as usual. I'm so glad he is so thoughtful and good natured. Yep! I am a very blessed person and have so much to be thankful for. Especially for such loving family and friends!










3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had every intention of calling yesterday. Me and my girls were on our way to Panguitch to stay with Brian. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage my time with two! Anyway, I hope your day was wonderful! You deserve only the best!!!! I love you so much, and can't wait to see you and show off our newest princess! Happy, Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a great day. Sorry we missed you, but hope you got my message. I love your pictures. You all look so pretty. Happy Birthday!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

You were looking stylin' in that cute dress. Happy Birthday, Granny Annie :)