Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just thinking!... what I do best!


As I read my grandaughter's blog this morning.....it really made me wakeup and do some thinking! She is so precious! and I am so blessed to have such a great family and friends! I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life to help me on my path. I am so blessed that they all share with me the great knowledge that I need, because I am soooooooo far from perfect!

As I read her blog, the thought came to me....."Cleanliness is next to Godliness".... One of my challenges I deal with on a daily bases is my house. My thought: CLEAN OF WHAT? a spec of dust!....."No, clean of sin", to be loving, take time for others, be forgiving, set a good example and serve our Heavenly Father, and keep his commandments, and then the Savior will help me take over the task of making my own house, a home on earth. "And hopefully help me get over the "too dusty thing!" Only the house of the Lord needs to be in perfect order and we need to keep it clean, for us to live with him someday! Well, I probably sound a bit off today, but I really need to be reminded of the most important things in life. I know I can't do them alone.


We had a wonderful visit night before last.....Jace and Amy Lambeth, and their beautiful little children stopped by to visit with us! Such timing.....we really needed their sweet spirits with us that evening, because we had barely got the word that my husbands brother, Carroll, had passed away, minutes before they arrived.
Well, me being such a baby lover!....got to hold baby Ellis, for about a minute when Swede retrieved him and so much for me! The "big kid", my husband, and baby Ellis really bonded. Ellis just laughed for him and it put the sparkle back in my husbands eyes! He is just the cutest little "round mound of sound!" just adorable. I got to hold him for about 2 seconds after that. But, my time was wonderful with their beautiful little girl, Kylie. She is just a deliteful little princess! I think she liked me and I just loved her! she played with the train and books and then Grandpa Swede's, turtles, which he collects. She is just beautiful and so smart. The visit was short. Jace had to be at work, but he and Amy are just such an amazing couple.....can't wait until we can visit for a longer time! They shared lots of really interesting things with us! and I am so thankful for them and want them to know how much we love them, and look so forward to visiting again and playing with those precious babies. They gave us a greeting card with the picture of their beautiful family on it! It is really special!
Next, we are most likely going to be moving in 2 or 3 weeks to a new residence. But, we are going to live in our same ward. I am so glad! Change is always so hard, even though I love all the people in all the wards and I also love my calling. The moving part is going to be the hardest challenge as we just aren't as young and strong as we use to be. Darn it! so that part is really worrying us...Not to say we keep acquiring more, no matter how much we get rid of. Will post our new physical address if we move later.

We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving full of much love and joy!

Until next time!
We Love Ya!




3 comments:

Crystal said...

I couldn't agree with you more Grandma....FAMILY is the best especially ours! I also am so excited about your new house & can't wait to see it. I'll be home in time for moving day so stop worrying, you'll have plenty of help. Love ya!

Rachel said...

We all need reminded sometimes of the wonderful blessings in our lives. Thanks for that reminder. :) We love you so much & wish we were close by to help you move!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Thanks for all your words of wisdom. Also, congrats on the new residence! You'll have to let us know where you're moving!